CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE PLAYING LAWS DOCUMENT AND THE LATEST DOCUMENT HAS BEEN UPDATED TO THE WEBSITE UNDER THE LEAGUE TAB. THE MAJOR CHANGE IS REGARDING THE REMOVAL OF BATTING POWERPLAY:
Power-play Field Restrictions:
For a 40-over innings, the Powerplay Overs shall apply for 8 overs per inning and shall be taken as follows:
- The first block of 8 overs (powerplay) shall be at the commencement of the innings. During the powerplay overs (first 8 overs in a 40 over game), only two fieldsmen shall be permitted outside this fielding restriction area (30 yards circle) at the instant of delivery.
- There is no longer a batting powerplay. (06/15/2016)
- No catching positions needed. During the initial block of Powerplay Overs (in an uninterrupted innings, the first 8), there is no requirement for a minimum of two stationary fieldsmen within 15 yards from the striker's end at the instant of delivery. (06/15/2016)
- During the non-powerplay overs, no more than 4 fieldsmen shall be permitted outside the fielding restriction area (30 yard circle).
- Each block of Powerplay Overs must commence at the start of an over.
- From over 33 (end of 32 overs) there can be 5 fielders outside the 30-yard circle.(06/15/2016)
Even though the schedule shows as 10:30am, all the games(home and away) which involve teams from WSU, Spokane, Portland and Bellingham are schduled to start at 11:00am.